Monday, June 13, 2011

Long Weekend in Australia

Well it was the Queens Birthday yesterday so we had a long weekend to have fun with!! On Saturday I took a bus into the city to do some shopping. It was still fun going into the city for a bit though. I had a little bus mishap (got on the wrong one) at first but I figured it out. LOL I didn't stay a super long time because I was slightly intimidated because the mall was bigger than Fayetteville I'm pretty sure!!! I did get to see an Aboriginal playing the didgeridoo!!! It was so cool!!! I really want to buy one but they are kinda expensive soo... we will see!!! Once I got back it was later in the afternoon so I just chilled at the house with Emily and Justin.





Sunday we met up with one of Emily and Justins friends at a hotel restaurant at Kangaroo Point. We had out Steak and Guinness Meat pies and they were fantastic!! Meat pies are really popular here!! At the restaurant they do these meat and seafood raffles that are pretty cool. They have a whole tray of steaks or prawns and other seafood that they sell ticket for and then they spin the wheel. I got to spin the will once but we never won :(


Off to Byron Bay for the Holiday Monday!!! We woke up to beautiful weather in Brisbane so we went to Byron...it wasn't so pretty there!!! It rained cats and dogs all day but it was still cool to go to the town. It was a hippie kinda coast town...I loved it!! We went up to the Byron Bay Lighthouse and walked down to the most Easterly Point in Australia!!! It was fun going down but dragging our 20lbs of wet clothes and lunch up those stairs coming back sucked big time!!! LOL Since we were cold and wet on the way home we stopped at a Macadamia Nut farm and got hot, warm nuts!!! It was fun nonetheless and we finished the day at Breakfast Creek Steak House and it was actually really good!! Needless to say I slept good last night LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment