Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Day with a Kangaroo... and a few others :)

Ala saved me from a Sunday of boredom and took me to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary!!! On the way there we saw a sweet Kangaroo Crossing sign that made me laugh!!


Ala was real nice and gave me a gift by paying my way in!! Once inside its kinda like a zoo but WAY more hands on and cool!!! We walked by the eatin' place and there were "Bush Turkey's" all over finishing up the left overs LOL



We walked around a bit before we played with the Kangaroos. Koala's were literally every which way you turned. The first thing you meet are the Crocs... they are kinda puny but I guess you can't really have a serious Croc in an open place like this.



They had all the other cool reptiles too... There was one that had a funny sign on the cage! It gave me and Ala a laugh anyways!!


They had all the snakes too but they were hard to photograph. So then we were walking through and we saw the Dingos... they are soo pretty. I didn't think they looked that harmless but Ala said they can kill and eat a child soo, Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover ...clearly!!!




Then the Wombats...they are crazy looking little things! They are soo cute though!! They had about 5 Wombats throughout the park. Wombats can apparently burrow a hole like no other... I mean seriously check that out!!! This poor guy was under the weather... I think we saw them giving him medicine and he was shaking like a leave when I took this pic :(




Things to know about Australian birds...They are beautiful and LOUD!! This is a Kookaburra... I think they were soo pretty but it was quite a distinct sound they make!! Even the regular ole tree birds outside the house are loud. Usually I like waking up to bird chirps... not here. Its more like bird screams!!!


Oh the Koala's!!! Seriously one of the cutest things you could ever see in you entire life. Being that it is a Koala Sanctuary we got to see all kinds of Koala's!!! If you have ever seen a Koala stuffed animal you have seen a real one... they literally look and feel the exact same! it was so interesting though because the sleep A LOT!! The curl up into perfect little balls and chill in a tree... they really like to climb to the very tip top of a branch and just sleep there! It is too cute. I got to hold one too!!! I held Crumbles and it was AWESOME!! I got a professional pic of it too.


We all know that seeing a Kangaroo is like of the up most importance when going to Australia well not only did I get to see one... I saw 160 of them in one spot, and got to pet them, and got to feed them!!! They are soo cool to watch. When they lay down they sprawl out and just chill like they have no cares in the world!! I got to see Kangaroos, Wallaby's and a Wallaroo (no its not a cross). FYI Wallaby's are just small versions of Kangaroos and Wallaroos are just another type.
There were only a few big ones in the Kangaroo area because the do get aggressive. Ala and I played for quite a while. We also got to see a Momma and her Baby (the last pic). I didn't realize that they still nursed after they were too big for the pouch but they do!!




I had such a great time today!! It really did kick off my trip... it really has been a slow start. Well off to Townsville bright and early in the morning!! It's raining here right now but not bad just a little wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment